- The Alumni game was fantastic and it’s clear from the former players that they were treated very well during the weekend.
- It was very nice seeing Mike Martin come off the edge and move around on defense. As Mattison said postgame he’s been constantly double-teamed at nose guard so it was good seeing the defense trying to create mismatches.
- Craig Roh looked much bigger; Taylor Lewan’s cast is off.
- Defense seemed to tackle well.
- Brady Hoke wore short pants.
- Gardner threw one ball 60+ yards in the air on the run. (To no one, but it looked cool).
- It was nice to see a ball tossed TE Koger’s way; it looked like a waggle #Griese
- The game raised over $350,000 for Mott Hospital.
- Denard struggled. Larry Lage had him passing: 5-14 for 70 yards, 6 rushes for 60 yards. There were certainly a couple drops mixed in there. My take: he made a big leap from year one to two, and everyone (including 16) seemed to think that was due to his comfort-level with the offense. So, let’s hope he gets comfortable this summer.
- Gardner didn’t fare much better despite throwing it 60 yards on the run.
- There doesn’t seem to be a clear choice at running back. Mike Cox had a good day but went up against the second defense.
- Kicking, yeesh.
A few photos:
Coach Hoke in the “new” press conference room. The Crisler media center is closed due to the renovations. This is near the visitor locker room in the stadium
Related: 2011 Alumni Game Photos