WTKA welcomed Dave Brandon with Handel’s ‘Hallelujah Chorus’ on air this morning. Brandon said he got a lot of nice emails last night and was clearly happy how things ended up.
Here’s the audio, give it a sec to load:
A few notes:
- "I’ve run public companies for the last 22 years. I’ve gotten pretty good at managing expectations. A way to exceed expectations is to manage them [laughs]. We were in a situation where it was absolutely unclear what the ultimate decision was going to be and I wanted to make that known that it was unclear and the fan reaction was very helpful and very important."
- He joked that he had 2006 U-M graduates emailing him explaining the importance of the OSU-UM rivalry. "I knew that.."
- "I don’t know how you lay it out any better for Michigan."
- "We came out of this really, really well."
- On determining division rivals. Brandon said they "went back and forth" but in the end, decided that overall conference record wins division. Tie-breaker is head-to-head, division record, then BCS rankings. [Take: I don't like using BCS rankings in tie-breakers. Why let that goofy-assed system determine what we do in our league?]
- On the Notre Dame rivalry. "We’re going to contract out several years, probably to 2014 or 2015.." There’s a "handshake agreement" with Jack Swarbrick to continue beyond that. But Brandon noted the nine game conference schedule will be a factor.
On Saturday’s game:
- Joked about the condition of the roads.
- Be in your seats by no later than quarter after three. (I’d suggest 20 minutes minimum.)
Check out all of the WTKA 1050AM podcasts here.
Follow MVictors on Twitter