It’s official – Man U and Real Madrid will play August 2, 2014 at 4pm. Sounds like the delay in getting this announced was dealing with the pitch: how to get natural grass and how to get a field of adequate dimensions for a game. More details:
- Beer? Yes. Liquor license request is in the State Legislature but you can book it: Guinness will pour at the Big House on August 2.
- Field? They will bring in large chunks of natural grass 48 hours before the game and go through a process to weave a pitch. No platform.
- Team Benches? Likely somewhere in the stands (see below).
- Walls? Width of the field will bump right up to the perimeter so they’ll be padded. God forbid Giggsy cracks his melon open on the bricks.
- Tickets? For Michigan donors and season ticket holders, Monday April 7. Price Range: $45 – $189. Details.
- Other games? Unlike the hockey events at the Big House, unfortunately they won’t have any other matches on the pitch before or after the event.
- How will it look? Crude mock-up and yes, liberties taken with the field logo:
Will you be there?
Follow MVictors on Twitter