Darius Morris dialed up WDFN to chat with M basketball radio voice and WDFN morning show host Matt Shepard on Shep, Shave, and Shower on 1130AM this morning:
They hit on:
* How Darius came to accept the MSU rivalry being from LA.
* On what other M athletes think about the MSU rivalry.
* Morris thinks the MSU win earlier this game was a huge turning point, “we learned how to win”.
* “You wouldn’t want it any other way” — that is, this game Saturday against State and all that’s on the line.
* He caught some of the MSU/Iowa game at Pizza House last night.
* He was asked about the impact of losing a teammate this late this the season (a la BYU).
* Morris is only worried about Saturday right now (not the NCAA or B10 tournament).
* Darius shared a bit about his friend Dan Tan.
* Says he never saw himself at a particular school (like UCLA or USC) – just wanted a solid D-1 school.
* Best player he’s played against? Kobe Bryant (at a camp).
* Best player he’s played with? John Wall (on a travel team).
You can catch all of the WDFN podcasts here.