A few notes from the game, a few minutes after Michigan resounding win:
- No offense to Delaware State, The Approaching Storm and the nice folks from Dover. But if we must put these FCS teams on the slate they’ve got to at least be upper-tier programs, like maybe our winged brethren Delaware. Having a game today beat a bye week— but just barely. This game was no fun for me after watching the first two possessions.
- The student section was maybe 3/4 full at kick-off:
- The closed captioning at Michigan stadium was debuted today. I think it’s a nice idea and I’m all about improving the game experience for the handicapped, but I wonder how helpful this really is to the hearing impaired:
- Rodriguez emptied the bench of course, but didn’t go to “R. Calhoun”…a fan who was in full pads, helmet, gloves, etc., and ready to get in the game. Seated right up the gut in section 23, he even wandered down to the sideline gate to share a few observations:
- The prohibition of bags into the stadium of was in full effect again today, and I noticed these guys atop the northeast tower looking for serious troublemakers. I want these guys on that wall. I need these guys on that wall:
- I enjoyed checking out WTKA’s Bud Light Victors Lounge before the game (met legendary caller “Dennis from Oakland County”). Steve Clarke and Sam Webb returned this week (after some nerd filled in last week) to join Ira Weintraub (center) to conduct the Key Bank countdown to kick-off show: