Audio from around the local sports radio dial. Below you’ve got Jim Carty of the Ann Arbor News with his weekly Monday call into WTKA 1050AM (audio quality subpar, kind of slow), then there’s ESPN’s Eric Adelson this morning:
* Michigan State is a decent team, heavily reliant on Ringer, Penn State’s still a mystery. Conference in general is down.
* Spartan coach Mark Dantonio’s kind of filled Lloyd Carr’s role in the league (as the guy that is going run at you, play hard D, go right at you).
* Carty was asked about Schiano’s slow start at Rutgers, said “Schiano’s wishing he took the Michigan job right now.”
* On this week, the Bye week couldn’t have come at a better time, team will be better particularly the passing game. We’ll see more Mathews and McGuffie in the passing game.
* Carty’s curious to see what will happen with the veteran running backs (Grady, Minor, Brown). Me too.
* On Carty’s take on the state of the Michigan football fandom – “it’s all over the map.”
* Talks a little Lions, thinks they could be at a turning point here and he’s speculating that Millen could be gone soon.
* EA loves Les Miles, he was very, very, very impressed with his performance in the Auburn game, thinks he’s the best coach in the SEC, might be the best coach in the nation.
* He thinks “Michigan is going to do some damage in the conference schedule” – thinks Michigan’s got a great chance this weekend against Wisconsin, sees MSU at a threat.
* The forthcoming MSU/Michigan game will be a huge game in Michigan State football history.
* He cuts Ohio State some slack for their struggles in the recent big games.