Coach Rodriguez joined midday host Ryan Ermanni on WDFN today. The audio, thanks to DFN:
- The juices are flowing…things just around the corner.
- Rich had the seniors over at the house the other day…he thinks they’re really hungry and cant wait to get out there. Rita cooked, played games, etc.
- On the Big Ten media day? Expects the “drama questions”…par for the course…hopes most are about football and the coming season.
- On turnovers and negative yardage plays? They really worked on that in spring…more hitting the qbs (other than spring game). Thinks they did a good job. It will be a point of emphasis in August.
- Reason to look forward? Think they made progress. Need to improve defensively, thinks they have better numbers..should see better production. Been humbled..should be hungry and improved football team.
- Base 3-3-5? Would tell you but I’d have to kill ya. Did a few schemes in the spring, some of what coaches developed in the spring, a bit of what they did last year..play to the strengths of the personnel
- Will you have to win those high scoring games? I hope not. UM has great success through the years with a dominant D. Need to get back to that..we’ll be closer. Expects big improvements.
- Future with team? How do you view your 3rd year? Show progress, knows players better, expects them to be better…everyone does. Its the 3rd year, not the 6th, 7th, 8th, year. But he sees the difference in the 1st year recruits. etc, it’s night and day. Excited to see how they play this fall.
- Exciting home schedule, the new big house. The guys will play hard, Should be a fun team to watch. The speed is better, we gotta play well. Maybe we gotta get lucky too, take advantage better than the past few years.