Note: This website is NOT affiliated with the University of Michigan
Via Media Relations. Notes:
- Validates the $500 transfer policy for all tickets. I stubbed my toe on that last week.
- Implements required donation for ALL seats. Previously if you had tickets in the end zone (prior to when they started the PSD program in 2005) areas you weren’t required to make a donation: Season ticket holders of record prior to the 2005 season will have their PSD phased in over two seasons ($37.50 per seat in 2013, $75 per seat in 2014). New end zone season ticket accounts since 2005 will be adjusted to $75 per seat starting in 2013.
- The new PSD prices: The PSD levels will be adjusted to the following prices per seat in the bowl for 2013: Victors ($600), Valiant ($475), Maize ($350), Blue ($200) and End Zone ($75).
- Full release:
U-M Announces 2013-14 Preferred Seat Donation Plan; Football Per Game Ticket Prices Remain Same
ANN ARBOR, Mich. – The University of Michigan Athletic Department announced Monday (Dec. 10) its comprehensive 2013-14 Preferred Seat Donation program for football, men’s basketball and ice hockey. Michigan will also provide season ticket holders with the opportunity to transfer their season tickets to another individual for a one-time donation per season ticket. The per game season ticket price of $65 for football will remain unchanged for the 2013 season.
For the first time, fans will have the ability to make their PSD payments online in their ticket account. This benefit will provide ease of use for customers when accessing their account, and provide an opportunity to earn two bonus priority points.
The Preferred Seat Donation program was first implemented for football in 2005 to help raise funds to support all of its athletic teams and to enhance the experience for all student-athletes. The PSD program has been expanded since then to include seating areas for men’s basketball and ice hockey and it now supports 31 teams and over 900 student-athletes.
Michigan Athletics will implement a preferred seating program for all seats inside the bowl at Michigan Stadium beginning with the 2013 season. The PSD levels will be adjusted to the following prices per seat in the bowl for 2013: Victors ($600), Valiant ($475), Maize ($350), Blue ($200) and End Zone ($75). The per game season ticket price will remain the same in 2013 and Michigan Athletics will continue its tradition of no paid display advertising in the Big House on football Saturdays.
Thousands of season ticket holders in the end zone are already paying a Preferred Seat Donation and this change will reflect that all seats in the end zone will now be subject to a PSD. Season ticket holders of record prior to the 2005 season will have their PSD phased in over two seasons ($37.50 per seat in 2013, $75 per seat in 2014). New end zone season ticket accounts since 2005 will be adjusted to $75 per seat starting in 2013.
The full implementation of the men’s basketball preferred seat donation takes effect for the 2013-14 season for fans seated in the Club, Victors, Valiant and Blue tiers.
With the renovations to Yost Ice Arena, the athletic department has expanded offerings for fans interested in premium seats for ice hockey. In addition to the upper level club, the newest offerings are 14 Champions Boxes on the west side and Ice Level Seating in three of the four corners of the rink. There is no PSD for bleacher seating in Yost.
Athletics is offering season ticket holders for football, men’s basketball and ice hockey the opportunity to transfer his/her tickets to another individual for a one-time donation of $500 per season ticket. Go to mgoblue.com/ticketoffice and click on “Ticket Transfer” to download the required form and learn more about the transfer policy, or pick up a copy at the Michigan Ticket Office at 1100 S. State St.
The deadline for payment of the Preferred Seat Donation for football, men’s basketball, ice hockey and ticket transfers is Feb. 15, 2013.
Following are a summary of the key changes to the program:
· Football PSD requirements have been adjusted for the first time since the 2005 academic year
· Phased implementation of the end zone PSD over the next two seasons for season ticket holders prior to 2005 season
· Men’s Basketball reflects the full PSD implementation for the 2013-14 season
· Ability to transfer tickets
· Online functionality for PSD Payment with the opportunity to earn two bonus priority points
Fans will begin receiving their brochure on the Preferred Seat Donation in the mail this week. We encourage ticket holders to review the mailing or visit support.mgoblue.com for additional information on the PSD program.
— M —