New Arizona coach Richard Rodriguez joined The Huge Show today:
* He talked about the circumstances around getting the new job.
* Said he met with the Arizona AD at the Detroit airport new a lot about
* Ask if he felt he would have gone 10-2 this season. “Yep. At least..” Then laughed a bit and said how a coach is always confident.
* He keeps in touch with the Michigan players. Happy for them for the success this year.
* Has he put the frustration of Michigan behind him? “Oh yeah..” Says he got past it during the 6-7 months doing TV on CBS.
* On what he learned at Michigan will make him better. Said he needs everyone around him “pulling in the same direction..”
* Anything he would have done differently. “Ohhhh yeah, there is….” Said there wasn’t one thing, but mentioned defense first then rattled off a series of reasons (injuries, etc.). “I prefer not to think about it..”
* On the comment he’d like to play Michigan. Said it was blown out of proportion, and wouldn’t want to play the players he recruited. Said the comment was in jest.
* For the corduroy patch crowd, yes, he used the word “irregardless”
* Asked to breakdown the Sugar Bowl. “Going to be a great match-up”, thinks “Michigan is a little faster..”
* Bill couldn’t help himself but encourage Rich Rod to not play Josh Groban at the team banquet. RichRod didn’t seem happy with the question, lowered his voice and said, “that’s not going to happen.” Ugh.