Andy Mignery was in studio down at WTKA with Ben Holden and his installment of ‘The Big Show’. The former M QB/TE was in to promote the Michigan From the Heart golf outing, which supports the efforts of U-M Athletes and their visits to Mott Children’s hospital.
The outing is Monday, June 22nd at the Polo Fields GC at noon. They are looking for donors, sponsors, players, or just folks in for dinner. More info, ask for Dick Lundy at 734-426-1155 or check out their website here. [Ed: Hey, that conflicts with the MVictors JDRF Fore the Kids outing! Choose wisely.]
Here’s the audio of the portions where Mignery discussed his takes on the football team:
- “You will see a different football team out there” this fall.
- “We removed a lot of diseases off this team” (through graduation, or being kicked off or those who left.
- The offensive line has taken “a complete 180.”
- Mignery thinks we’ll see Nick Sheridan start the first couple games, then Tate Forcier will be inserted.
- “They’ll put that kid [Forcier] in a position to win.”
- Mignery feels the biggest game is Notre Dame Sept. 12—mostly because of the test that it will be for Forcier.
- Said defensive coordinator hasn’t “lost any of his fire.”