The Detroit News’ Angelique Chengelis joined Mike ‘Stoney’ Stone while he was guest hosting for Mitch Albom on WJR this evening. It created a (..I promised myself I wouldn’t cry..) nostalgic reunion of the iconic Detroit drive-time radio segment on the old Stoney and Wojo show on WDFN 1130AM.
First, your audio:
- Stoney likes the Broncos plus the 12 or so points (me too).
- Angelique wasn’t shocked that Rodriguez mentioned the possibility of playing three quarterbacks because she hasn’t seen anyone separate either.
- In a weird way, Angelique agrees with Rodriguez’s decision to give them a shot. She thinks Denard will come on in a package with Forcier.
- They talked about public sentiment, which they correctly noted is overwhelmingly in favor of playing the freshman.
- Co-host Ken suggested Nick Sheridan is a bit like Joey Harrington (after the fall), where no matter what he does he can’t win.
- Angelique walked around her house last night without shoelaces tied a la Denard to try it out with no luck. Apparently Robinson ran track without laces on either.
- Chengelis went on about how Robinson reminds her of Desmond Howard.
- She talked about the chemistry among the coaches with Greg Robinson on board that wasn’t around last year under Shafer.
- Angelique doesn’t see Michigan challenging Ohio State until the Buckeyes’ visit in 2011.
- Both Stoney and Angelique think Notre Dame will be pretty good this season and looking over the schedule, she sees “a tough season” ahead.