Notes from the News story:
* For each bottle sold, $2 will be donated to the U-M Cardiovascular Center, which the coach credited with helping save his life after the first of his two heart attacks.
* The wine is a 2005 California merlot that will retail for $19.69 (the first year he was head coach at Michigan).
* [The head of the winery Marlena] Studer said the Bo Merlot offers an “intense fruit forwardness with a luscious berry concentration … a rich presentation on the palate with a lovely, lingering finish.” […unlike the conclusion of most of Bo’s football seasons – zing from friendly fire!].
* Studer said she selected a California winery in Monterey, rather than a Michigan vintage, because California is the site of the Rose Bowl, which Schembechler set as the ultimate goal for his team each year. […and because ‘Bo’s Riesling‘ wasn’t as catchy]
* The wine will be sold in area stores, including Kroger, Plum Market, Bello Vino, Main Street Party Store, Busch’s and VG’s in Brighton.
Out of towners, I went to Studer Imports “website” but don’t see anywhere you can order the wine (if that’s even kosher in Michigan).
Related: Don’t forget to submit your spicy haiku or limerick to win Bo’s new DVD coming out this month. More info here.