Detroit’s WDFN 1130AM killed it yesterday with the interviews, here’s incoming 5 star quarterback Devin Gardner from Inkster joining Shep, Sharp and Shower:
- He’s asked about his commitment to Michigan right off the bat and Gardner didn’t waver and talked about the family atmosphere in Ann Arbor.
- He talked about helping out the team any way he could, whether in practice or on the field.
- When asked if he could see himself as the starter by the end of the season, he said, “Of course I could see myself doing that, because I’m a hard worker and coach [Carter] instilled a lot of that in me.”
- On Tate Forcier: “A great player. A tough player and a funny guy. He’s a real cool guy and I think he’s going to be great competition next year.”
- He noted he still hears from other schools despite his commitment to Michigan. He basically said he used to listen but after chatting with his mom, said that Michigan was there from the beginning (pre-5 star, etc.) and that’s the difference.
- Said after Michigan, next was Florida then LSU as far as his choice.
Elsewhere: High school hoops star Trey Zeigler and former WR Steve Breaston (who’ll be in town for the Lions game Sunday) did segments as well. All the podcasts here.