Michigan insider Sam Webb of gobluewolverine.com just relayed a message to WTKA 1050AM’s Ben Holden that the Greg Paulus story is over. Per Webb, who called into show minutes after sending the message to Holden:
- “The latest with Paulus is there is no more Paulus.”
- “I always thought it was a look and see situation.”
- “It was more of an insurance policy and one at this point, Michigan has turned the page on.”
- “It officially ends their courtship of Greg Paulus.”
- Webb thought it was “possible” but not “probable” that Paulus would come to Michigan before he learned today that it won’t happen.
- “I don’t care how good he was coming out of high school, that is something that’s tough to overcome.”
- “No one said he had a good workout with the Packers.”
I know Webb has folks very close to the program, but he never explained how he confirmed this information.
Update: OK, Webb’s website simply says “Sources indicated late Friday afternoon that the Michigan football program is no longer exploring the possibility of adding former Duke PG Greg Paulus to its fall roster.”