Close enough. Funny, there are only a few decent Hoke pics to choose from but that’s about to change.
Sure, I wanted a bigger name coach and I wanted Harbaugh to be here (and Harbaugh was certainly offered). I’m anxious about how this is going to go but I’m excited to watch it play out.
Dave Brandon had a process to get us here. While my support is unwavering, I, too have process in judging Hoke and how I think this thing is going to go.
A few near-term inputs:
- Hearing what he says at the presser today to Michigan fans and his plan of rebuilding this program.
- Watching his staff come together.
- Seeing how he handles the current recruiting class and how high school coaches react to Hoke in the near term.
- We know some players will leave due to the coaching change (Tate doesn’t count), but who and how many? How does Hoke handle it?
- Watching how the team reacts and performs during Spring practice and the Spring game.
For those unhappy, I understand. You feel like we had a #1 pick but settled on a mid-round guy. So do you dig your heels into your bitter hole and hope you’re right, or judge Hoke on his actions at the helm? Unite the clans. Don’t storm State Street, they are ready: